Summary of how we use your data
- Zimplistic uses your personal data to enable you to purchase a Rotimatic unit from us and to allow us to provide you with after-sales support.
- As we are a Singapore company your personal data is processed in Singapore.
- Where we rely on your consent, such as for direct marketing, technical support, software updates and analytics, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
What does this policy cover?
This policy describes how Zimplistic India Pvt Ltd (also referred to as “Zimplistic”, “we” or “us”) will make use of your data in relation to your purchase, use and operation of your Rotimatic appliance. In addition, we will use your data in order to provide help and support to you (including providing you with software updates from time to time).
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our websites, and when you purchase goods and services from us, and when you use your Rotimatic. This includes:
- your name, username and password,
- your email address
- your home address and phone number;
- your payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses and credit card details, where you make purchases from us;
- your IP address and browser location when visiting our website and at the time of purchase;
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website or apps;
- the unit ID of any unit owned by you;
- your physical location when using our apps ;
- analytical information regarding your usage of your Rotimatic unit (including for example the time of usage, frequency of usage and items produced, and operational information from the unit such as information regarding pan temperature, ingredients ratios, ingredients consistency and hardness, and errors in relation to dough balls and kneading;
- analytical information regarding your usage of our app; and
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: this is relevant where you make a purchase from us. This includes:
- verifying your identity;
- taking payments;
- communicating with you;
- delivering your Rotimatic unit to you; and
- providing after-sales support to you.
- Where we have a legitimate interest. This includes:
- where we use information you provide to personalise our website, products or services for you;
- where we monitor customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- monitoring use of our websites and online services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline;
- the country in which the machine is operated; and
- conducting research, analysis and analytics;
- Where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners;
- we place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Policy and the information provided to you when those technologies are used;
- we will provide you with software updates and software enhancements from time to time (including new recipes for your Rotimatic unit);
- we will use usage and analytical information provided by your Rotimatic unit (including the physical location of the unit) and/or the app in order to provide you with technical support and assistance, to conduct analysis of your use of your Rotimatic unit and to assist us to improve our product; and
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- where we need parental consent to provide online services to children under 16. However, most of our websites are not designed for children under 16; and
- in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Withdrawing consent or otherwise objecting to direct marketing
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our legitimate interests. You have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
We will share your personal data with other companies in the Zimplistic group in order to provide sales and support services to you.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Personal data will also be shared with third party service providers, who will process it on our behalf for the purposes identified above. Such third parties include providers of customer and technical support services, logistics and delivery providers, and technology development partners.
In the event that the business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
As we are a Singapore headquartered company, personal data collected by us will be processed in Singapore and in accordance with privacy laws in Singapore.
Where information is transferred outside the Singapore, and where this is to a stakeholder or vendor in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission, we will ensure that data is adequately protected by appropriate contractual clauses or binding corporate rules.
How is your data protected?
To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us – or our data protection officer – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an appropriate data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
In order to purchase a Rotimatic unit the provision of certain information (for example your name, home address, telephone number, payment information and IP address) is mandatory because we only supply units via mail order: if relevant data is not provided, then we will not be able to sell you a Rotimatic unit.
For technical support the provision of certain information (for example your unit ID) is mandatory: if relevant data is not provided, then we may not be able to provide you with technical support. Similarly, certain information (for example your unit ID) is mandatory in order to provide you with software updates: if relevant data is not provided then we may not be able to provide you with software updates. All other provision of your information is optional.
How do I get in touch with you?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at email@example.com or by writing to 83 Science Park Drive, The Curie #04-03/04, Singapore 118258.
Which Zimplistic entity is my data controller?
The data controller for your information is Zimplistic India Pvt Ltd.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract (for example in relation to your purchase of your Rotimatic unit), we keep the data for 6 years from your purchase of that unit.
Where we process personal data for site security purposes, we retain it for 12 months.
Where we process personal data in connection your registration of your Rotimatic unit and/or app we keep the data for 6 years from your last interaction with us (generally either your deregistration of the unit or its last use).
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
For further information about this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are cookies?
Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service, for instance by storing information about your preferences and allowing us to recognise you when you return to our web sites .
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Your consent & choices About Cookies
Note that by disabling certain categories of cookies, you may be prevented from accessing some features of our web sites or certain content or functionality may not be available.