Senior Firmware Engineer APPLY NOW
About the Role:
Zimplistic is looking for a Senior Embedded Engineer for our Singapore office. You will be part of the core team with overall responsibility of key robotic Firmware modules.
The ideal candidate is a true engineer, a multidisciplinary problem solver at the core, and is passionate about firmware and software design with real-world experience of mechatronics products.
- Ownership of end to end Firmware module development for current and future versions of Rotimatic
- Conceptualize, develop and manage motion control and other control aspects according to the development process to meet the project requirements, goals, and objective
- Work on the Design and Design validation of Rotimatic Firmware modules and algorithms
- Design intelligent control solutions for current and future product versions
- Read schematics, utilize oscilloscopes, digital analyzers and other test equipment in the development and debugging of firmware designs.
- Analyze electrical designs to make sure it meets the firmware needs for the larger project.
- Develop UI/motor control firmware for embedded devices for assigned deliverables.
- Setup and use software code debuggers for specific processor development environments
- Support data logging, analysis of logged data, and reporting of results
- Write test modules in C# in our PC based test program for the QA team
- Interface with Hardware team to co-design and debug issues
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A Degree/Masters in Computer/Electronics/Mechatronics Engineering
- Minimum 7 years experience in RnD with involvement in automation, motion control, temperature control, and other experience of working with electromechanical or similar complexity devices complexity devices.
- Expertise in RTOS, C, C# required
- Extreme passion for engineering and problem solving
- Good understanding of structuring and organizing complex large embedded systems
- Expertise in digital signal processing (DSP)
- Deep knowledge of the fundamental principles of algorithm implementation
- Skill in using embedded development tools including compiler, debugger, profiler, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the constraints and advantages of embedded environments